Monday 11 November 2013

Love...true love...





Love is patient and kind
Love does not envy or boast
It is not arrogant or rude
It does not insist on its own way
It is not irritable or resentful
It does not rejoice at wrongdoing
But rejoices with the truth
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things
Love never ends
1st Corinthians 13:4-8

I believe that if a man truly loves you then he should love you flaws and all. That kind of love is very rare but it does exist. It reminds me of the biblical kind of love described in 1st Corinthians. It is a selfless unconditional kind of love, the kind of love that Christ has for the Church.

People would always claim to love you, like you and even want to move heaven and earth just to be with you but I have come to learn that it is all just talk and that, actions do speak louder than words. True love is a verb. I have also come to learn that the ones who truly deserve you are the ones that can tolerate you when you're at your worst. Flaws and all. I guess all I'm trying to say is...everyone comes with baggage but find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack.

No comments: