Tuesday 23 August 2011

“I LOVE YOU BABY, YOU COMPLETE ME”…HUH?



Hey guys, just a little something I thought I’d share, it totally baffles me when I sometimes hear people say those three words ‘you complete me’ and then suddenly, the impression I get is that perhaps for some reason or the other, before they met their partner, they were incomplete?. I think this in itself says a lot about ones self-esteem. Personally, I strongly believe one must be whole and happy within and even without, before going into a relationship. It is essential to have that self-fulfilment and total self-love beforehand because if you don’t, how else do you expect to take care of another or even give love to another?
It should not be someone else’s duty to complete you, you alone should complete you, and then you become fully equipped to handle and attract the good kind of love from the right person who will then complement you. I come from a society that places way too much emphasis on relationships without even taking time out to consider the possibility that the person may just not be ready to take on such responsibility simply because they are not complete within themselves first. Everybody’s time is different. As a result of the pressure, people then go into relationships hoping that their partners can in some way fill the void, make them happy and ultimately complete them. This is where the problem lies and this is why most relationships fail.

A good and healthy relationship should be between two independent people coming together because they love each other and not a case of one person depending or relying on another for happiness. When one is unnecessarily dependent and relies on another for happiness, you become a burden for the ‘stronger’ person in the relationship and then when push comes to shove, you eventually find yourself dragging your partner down along with you and it all comes crashing. And then of course you become even more incomplete than when you first started out. And then the ugly part is you are back to looking for another person to complete you. It’s a terrible vicious cycle really. Trust me, I have been there before. Not pretty.

So let us eliminate the myopic views and look beyond the pressure by looking more within, if you were to meet you, would you be happy to date you? Before you can be successful in love, you need to be successful in love with yourself first. Take time out to figure out you first and do things for yourself first and then when you finally meet ‘The one’, you can then say… “Baby I love you, you complement me”

Later y’all, 
FNLP xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!