Monday 6 January 2014

Picture of the day and a few words...#BooCheck




Came across this picture on Heather Lindsey's facebook page. The above words don't surprise me very much. I remember many years back when I was watching the Oprah Winfrey talk show and heard this quote ''when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time'' and ever since then, the quote just always stayed with me.

Powerful words indeed. First impressions count the most as far as I am concerned. When someone shows you their true colours, believe them the first time, not the second and certainly not the third. Unfair much? Well I think not. I believe its just much safer to do so.

Especially when it comes to marriages and relationships, I have never really understood why people settle for the 'potential' in someone. Things may not always go as planned and what if that potential you were hoping and believing in, for some reason, is never realised, what then would you do? would you just up and leave and call it quits?

So like Heather, I agree that before one settles and takes that plunge, one must be willing to be with their partner just as they are, at that very moment. All you have to do is just ask yourself...'can I live with this person, their flaws and all, forever?'.



FNLP
xoxo



No comments: