Monday 16 December 2013

Drunk on Beyonce...Please.Bow.Down!!!


I talked about King Bey's album release last week and of course, trust me to binge on that all weekend. All I can say is WOW!

It's a 14-song visual album and this chic keeps blowing my mind. I mean, typically when you do such a mind-blowing crazy amazing thing like erm, release a 14-song visual album, at least give us the heads up yeh? Instead, what does she do? She goes ahead and uploads pictures of Cupcakes and Cookies on Instagram, yes CUPCAKES and COOKIES! She does it like ''hey its nothing''. One word...BOSS!!!

 
 
My favourite song on the album is ''Drunk in Love'' where she features her hubby, JayZ. This track almost reminds of ''Crazy in Love'' where she also featured JayZ but its deeper and the beats are sicker! I'm a total sucker for beats; give me whack lyrics and a mad ass beat and I'm sold. The track is something different, something fresh but its totally Beyoncé. When I first heard it, in my mind I was like ''yup this is definitely Bey''. She almost sounded drunk but with her voice still controlled and on point. Crazy crazy crazy!!! Jay also did his thing. I must have played the song about 765 times now between Friday and today. lol.

Beyoncé also shows us her creepy side with the track ''Haunted''. Again, loving the beats but all I can say is don't listen to this song at 2am in the morning.

And of course the much talked about track ''Blue'' in which she features her adorable daughter Blue Ivy. The song is sweet and almost sounds like a cool lullaby at the beginning and just makes you all dreamy and stuff and then it gets better towards the end where her daughter says a few words and says ''Beyonce'' in the most beautiful way. With this track, you can almost just picture in your mind, the strong mother-daughter bond. Beautiful.

Hmmm, Beyoncé gets all bad ass and steamy in the track ''Partition'' where she tells JayZ to ''take all of me'' and there's a whole lot of x-rated stuff on this one. I'm not going to say much but just get to listen to it yourself. I have a pretty good idea it was her alter-ego Sasha Fierce on this one.

And finally, there's the track ''Flawless'' that's got us Nigerians talking because on it, Beyoncé features the famous Nigerian writer Chimamanda Adichie. It's got a bit of feminist undertones and in this track, King Bey tells us to ''Bow down b***hes*. And rightfully so Bey, rightfully so!

So there you have it guys. I've only touched on 5 of the songs and there's a whole lot more so run along now and download 'em. The album is phenomenal and it almost gets you asking ''Could she be human?''. In the meantime, I'll keep being drunk on King Bey...






FNLP
xoxo




No comments: