Thursday 12 December 2013

Quote of the day...and a few words...L.O.V.E

Okay so like I said a few posts back, I've been watching a lot of SATC lately. For the newbies on here, I'm talking about the TV show ''Sex and the City''. Finished season two yesterday and I was on the episode where Carrie found out that Mr Big was engaged to this other woman. Crazy much??? and I say this because Carrie had been in a relationship with this guy for over two years and he had found it hard to commit to her or even utter those three simple words ''I love you''. And then lo and behold, he goes off to Paris and meets this other woman and within six months, dude falls in love and gets engaged. lol

I know some of us have been through similar stuff or even have friends that may have gone through the same; you date a guy for what seems like eternity, y'all break up and then he meets someone new and voila!, he is engaged and a quarter to getting married. Anyway back to the topic at hand, Carrie makes a statement in this episode and it speaks a lot to me so just thought to share;

 
 
''Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed, maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with''
 
 
 
Yep!, and just like Carrie, I believe I am not made or meant to be tamed. whoever wants to be with me would have to catch up with me, in all my 'glory', craziness and all. I shall not bring myself down to a certain level in order to be just 'okay' for somebody. I can be me, yes in all my 'glory' and craziness and all and be with someone who's willing to go on that ride with me and accept me for who I am...no?
 

A lot of this is metaphorical though but the point is, I want that crazy extraordinary kind of love, the kind that leaves you almost feeling breathless. I want passion! yes, PASSION! Who says butterflies aren't for grown ups? oh purleazzzz! I'll take the mushy mushy stuff thank you very much. Like that famous SATC quote ''I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love''.
'I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.'

Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/suzannah-ramsdale/542963/sex-and-the-city-the-best-carrie-bradshaw-quotes.html#gJZx7lOGm8HhLe1H.99
'I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.'

Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/suzannah-ramsdale/542963/sex-and-the-city-the-best-carrie-bradshaw-quotes.html#gJZx7lOGm8HhLe1H.99

I want the ''oh just got off the phone with my baby and I cant stop blushing'' kind of love. Am I asking for too much? I think not.

 
 
 
 
 
 
FNLP
xoxo


No comments: