Friday 6 December 2013

Madiba, great Madiba!!!, R.I.P. Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela!



(July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013)
 
 

Okay so the weirdest thing happened last night, for some reason, I dreamt about South Africa and some other weird stuff that happened in South Africa, and then alas!, I woke up this morning only to hear that the great Madiba had passed on. Strange huh? I'm starting to think maybe at some point I picked up my Blackberry while I slept and perhaps saw a couple of status updates and then went back to bed or something. This could explain the dream right?

At long last, the great Mandela goes home! This man was absolutely phenomenal. To say he lived a good life would be a huge understatement. He lived a GREAT life! Just thinking about apartheid and what the whole era could possible feel like, gives me goose bumps. Now, they can finally let him rest. May his gentle soul rest in peace.

I have been talking a lot about positivity and so in that same spirit, let me leave you with a few quotes from the great man himself.

“I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one's head pointed toward the sun, one's feet moving forward. There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.” - Mandela

“It always seems impossible until it's done.” - Mandela

“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” - Mandela

“Appearances matter — and remember to smile.” - Mandela

“A winner is a dreamer who never gives up” - Mandela

“The brave man is not the one who has no fears, he is the one who triumphs over his fears.” - Mandela




FNLP
xoxo



No comments: