Thursday 19 December 2013

My mood...quote of the day and a few words...#friendships



I've always been a big fan of Tia and Tamera right from their ''Sister Sister'' days so of course its only natural that I would be following them on Instagram. Anyway Tia put this up earlier today and it got me thinking; as we get older, do we really sort of grow out of certain kinds of friendships?

I think for me, that would be a ''yes''. Right from time I've never really believed that I needed to have many friends to get on/ahead in life. Yes granted, one shouldn't be an island but I believe that when you have even just a handful of genuinely real and true friends then all is well really. Family is very important too. Family should come first. Well, most times.

But truth is as I've grown over the past few years, I absolutely can relate to what Tia's saying here; surprisingly, I find that I just haven't got the energy (physical and emotional) for pointless, draining and meaningless friendships. I believe there are two kinds of friends in this  life, there are the friends who drain you (physically and emotionally) and the ones who add value to your life in different ways. So as I have found, I tend to cut off the former and it has helped in many ways. Less stress. Less drama.

Strangely enough, I seem to have taken that same attitude and applied it to my dating life. These days I just don't have the energy or time for meaningless interactions or even chasing after a man. Its strange because I could actually really like someone but the moment he leaves it up to me to do the chasing, I just suddenly switch off and I am totally put off. It's like a reflex action. Generally, I cannot tolerate sloppy lazy ass men. I mean, like now for instance, there are guys on the queue (potential boyfriends) that I could actually have meaningful relationships with but I just find that I am usually more drawn to the ones who actually put in the effort. Is that a good or bad thing? Well, in my mind, it sort of gives me an insight into how they may behave in the future and it also says a lot about their attitudes to life in general.

So hey, know who your real friends are. Eliminate the drains. Keep the revivers.


FNLP
xoxo


No comments: