Wednesday 18 December 2013

Oh dear, my Khloe & my ''Lam Lam''...marriage...



It's been in the news for some time now and frankly I have been in denial because I absolutely refuse to believe its true. They were like my second favourite celebrity couple (after Bey and Jay of course, hehe) and I was totally hooked on their reality TV show. I mean, these two seemed so very in love and perfect for each other and I always told myself that theirs would last because it was blatantly meant to be. Yeh yeh yeh they met and got married real quick but it honestly did seem like it was going to last. I just absolutely loved their love.

Fast forward 4 years later and Khloe files for divorce citing ''irreconcilable differences'' as the reason. I just don't get it, how could two people who were so smitten and deeply in love with each other all of a sudden have so much hate and bitterness towards each other? Couldn't these two have been patient and worked their issues out? Was it so bad that they could not even for a second take time out to consider the vows they took on their wedding day; ''for better for worse'' and ''till death do us part''? What happens to all of that?

What is it about marriages these days that makes it so difficult for couples to learn endurance and tolerance? Why do we have 50% of marriages ending in divorce? It just really breaks my heart but most of all, it scares me to bits. How would I know if I am making a mistake when it comes to my choice of a partner? Is there only just 1 person out there for me? Should I believe in the concept of ''soulmates''? With over 7 billion people in the world, is there really only just 1 person for me? Isn't it a bit unrealistic to think so?

Wikipedia defines a soulmate as ''a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity. This may involve similarity, love, romance, intimacy, sexuality, sexual activity, spirituality or compatibility and trust''.  This definition seems a bit broad and from my own understanding, it seems like a soulmate could be anybody really and perhaps even just a mere friend. No?


FNLP
xoxo

No comments: